Homemade Baby Food: Corn, Strawberry, Banana Purée
October 30, 2020
Author: Regalo Baby
The thought of making homemade baby food is daunting for some. But it's really not hard, we promise. With a little prep and planning, you can make a few weeks worth of food in one swoop.
Our goal when making homemade baby food is to find combinations that compliment each other, provide nutrition, and purée easily.
This corn, strawberry, and banana purée sounds odd, but we've found our little one really enjoys it. Three ingredients are required for this purée, making it an easy beginning baby food to make.
Looking for more purées? Here's 5 baby food purées that have become a staple in our home.
Corn, Strawberry, and Banana Purée
It's a bit of an unexpected combination, but you will be pleasantly surprised when your babe gobbles it up.
- 3 Strawberries
- 1.5 Bananas
- 1 Cob of Sweet Corn
- Breastmilk or Formula (just a splash, if needed)
- Take 1 cob of sweet corn; remove the husks and wash the cob. Then, cut off all of the kernels (I use a corn on the cob peeler, but a sharp knife will do the trick!). Once all of the kernels are off the cob, set them aside.
- Next, take 3 medium sized-sized strawberries; cut the stems off, and then slice the strawberries into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Lastly, take 1.5 bananas; peel and slice. Set aside.
- Steam corn kernels, banana slices and strawberry slices together.
- Once soft/steamed, blend together, using a small amount of breastmilk or formula to reach desired consistency (if too thick). I only used a very small amount, as our consistency was almost perfect without the addition of the milk!
- Serve to baby immediately, and freeze any extra puree to serve at a later time.